Below is the general timeline for the CI Compass Student Research and Fellowship Program for Spring 2022
- January 24 - CI Compass Student Research and Fellowship Program begins - Applications are closed for Spring 2022. New opportunities will be announced Fall 2022.
- January 24 - April 15 Spring Semester
- June 6 - July 15 Summer Semester
- July 14 - Summer Student Research and Fellowship Program Virtual Symposium
- July 15, 2022 - CI Compass Student Research and Fellowship Program ends
- Fall 2022 (optional) Attendance of a professional conference to be selected with the mentor
Students participate for 10 hours/week for 12 weeks during the Spring semester, for credits, and will be paid for 40 hours/week for 6 weeks during the Summer semester.
Who Should Apply
Applicants with the following attributes are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Students with U.S. citizenship, majoring in computer science, information science, data science, applied mathematics and statistics, embedded systems, communications and social sciences related to cyberinfrastructure are eligible to apply for an internship opportunity.
- First year students through Junior undergraduates are encouraged to apply.
- Women and minorities who are under-represented in the sciences are especially encouraged to apply.
Students must be enrolled at colleges and universities within the U.S. Students will need to have a faculty advisor at their home institution to receive credit for the Spring semester.