CI Compass Student Research and Fellowship Program Application Process
- Applications Open: September 15th, 2022
- Applications Close:
October 17th, 2022Application deadline has been extended to October 27, 2022.
- Interviews: Beginning of November 2022
- Notification of Acceptance: End of November 2022
Spring 2023 Technical and Research Program
- January 17, 2023: CI Compass Student Research and Fellowship Program begins.
- January 17 - April 7: Spring Semester Program
- April 7, 2023: CI Compass Research and Fellowship Virtual Symposium
Technical and Research Lecture content will be delivered on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 - 9:45 (PT) / 12:00 - 12:45 (ET), followed by Office Hours for questions. Additionally, one 45-minute asynchronous technical lecture will be provided each week for students to watch at their convenience.
Students wishing to receive course credit for the Spring Technical and Research Programs will need a faculty sponsor from their University to be the instructor on record for an independent study or similar course. CI Compass is happy to discuss the program with potential faculty sponsors. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer 2023 Project Program
- June 6 - July 15, 2023: Summer Semester
- May vary based on Major Facility Program
- July 15, 2023: CI Compass Student Fellowship Program ends
Who Should Apply
Applicants with the following attributes are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Students majoring in computer science, information science, data science, applied mathematics and statistics, embedded systems, communications and social sciences related to cyberinfrastructure are eligible to apply for an internship opportunity.
- First year students through Junior undergraduates are encouraged to apply.
- Women and minorities who are under-represented in the sciences are especially encouraged to apply.
- Community college students encouraged to apply.
Students must be enrolled at colleges and universities within the U.S. Students will need to have a faculty advisor at their home institution to receive credit for the Spring semester.
Need more information?