Data Access, Dissemination & Visualization
Within the Data Access, Dissemination & Visualization stage, CI Compass is available to:
- Assist in leveraging large-scale data movement tools for efficient delivery of data to scientists and other facilities (computing centers, external institutions).
- Assist in leveraging portal tools, including technologies for web-based user interfaces.
- Provide advice on data streaming technologies (on-demand processing, analytics, and visualization) for a better user experience.
- Provide advice on data discovery solutions and approaches, including making data FAIR (might involve multiple DLC stages). This includes aiding in the creation and adoption of community-driven standardized vocabularies and ontologies as well as assisting in the creation of local vocabularies and ontologies and harmonizing these community standards, where needed.
- Assist in designing data visualization solutions (tools, formats, proofs of concept, etc.) for enhancing data discoverability and accessibility.
- Critique web-based user interfaces, help explore server-side vs client-side processing tradeoffs.
- Help evaluate identity management solutions for managing user data access and data usage reporting.