This page highlights relevant job opportunities for the CI community:
Research Engineer I - Center on Knowledge Graphs
Viterbi School of Engineering, Information Sciences Institute, University of Southern California
Los Angeles, California
This position is located in Marina Del Rey, California. Remote and hybrid work options are available.
The Center on Knowledge Graphs Group at ISI is looking for a Research Engineer I. This is a 75% FTE position with a 1-year fixed-term appointment, with a possibility of extension.
- Supports the technical needs of research projects by implementing solutions in one or more programming languages. Applies best practices in design, implementation, and engineering. Implements solutions to targeted research systems issues and tools to support project goals
- Works with senior researchers to translate domain-specific needs into implemented solutions. Applies domain-specific knowledge, gained from independent research, to implement project solutions. Learns new technology required to support project goals via tutorials, reading research publications and/or attending appropriate conferences.
- Works as a member of a team, communicating closely with supervisor(s) about technical progress and challenges. Summarizes progress for project reports. Participates in meetings with external collaborators and/or cross-group meetings about program-level direction. Provides relevant presentation material about work.
- Gathers information and data to test and achieve effective method usage of an application. Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Promoted an environment that fosters inclusive relationships and creates unbiased opportunities for contributions through ideas, words, and actions that uphold principles of the USC Code of Ethics.
To learn more and apply, please visit: Careers at USC
Research Data Architect
Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI), University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
The Research Data Architect will work with colleagues with expertise in data analytics, advanced computing including cloud computing systems, software engineering and domain expertise in the biomedical and environmental sciences.. The Research Data Architect will work in interdisciplinary teams, promoting innovation and collaboration.
- Work with colleagues to develop tools and methods to enhance data interoperability
- Collaborate with software engineers and researchers to help design data systems to advance scientific discovery
- Manage a data contribution forecasting and tracking system to allow effective resource allocation across consortia that support data sharing
- Provide leadership in metadata analysis and standards, as well as knowledge representation
- Contribute to interdisciplinary teams; be a team player
- Train data contributors on the application of data standards and relevant tools
- Contribute to proposals and business development efforts
To learn more and apply, please visit: RENCI Employment
This opportunity closes on October 3, 2022.
JCSDA Computational Scientist I/II
Foothills Lab 4, UCAR (University Corporation for Atmospheric Research)
UCAR is excited to announce the job opening for the Joint Center for Satellite Data Assimilation (JCSDA) Computational Scientist I/II position to join our small, dynamic, engaging, and diverse team.
This position is in charge of components of the JEDI (Joint Effort for Data assimilation Integration) software which relate to developing and implementing components of the Interface for Observation Data Access (IODA) and the Research Repository for Data and Diagnostics (R2D2).
This role includes development in JEDI of a flexible interface for observations which allow efficient access to observations for processing by the partners at NOAA, NASA, DoD and the UK MetOffice; all while ensuring effective portability to traditional super-computing and cloud environments, and ability to scale to a laptop for educational and training.
Additionally, the Computational Scientist I/II will also participate in the development, testing and improvement of data assimilation and related algorithms in JEDI with a special focus on data structures and observation space infrastructure required for forward observation operators and
environmental observation quality control.
To learn more and apply, please visit: UCAR Careers.
This opportunity closes on September 30, 2022.
Have an opportunity to share?
To promote a job, please send the job listing link to email@example.com.