This page highlights relevant job opportunities for the CI community:
Research Engineer I - Center on Knowledge Graphs
Viterbi School of Engineering, Information Sciences Institute, University of Southern California
Los Angeles, California
This position is located in Marina Del Rey, California. Remote and hybrid work options are available.
The Center on Knowledge Graphs Group at ISI is looking for a Research Engineer I. This is a 75% FTE position with a 1-year fixed-term appointment, with a possibility of extension.
- Supports the technical needs of research projects by implementing solutions in one or more programming languages. Applies best practices in design, implementation, and engineering. Implements solutions to targeted research systems issues and tools to support project goals
- Works with senior researchers to translate domain-specific needs into implemented solutions. Applies domain-specific knowledge, gained from independent research, to implement project solutions. Learns new technology required to support project goals via tutorials, reading research publications and/or attending appropriate conferences.
- Works as a member of a team, communicating closely with supervisor(s) about technical progress and challenges. Summarizes progress for project reports. Participates in meetings with external collaborators and/or cross-group meetings about program-level direction. Provides relevant presentation material about work.
- Gathers information and data to test and achieve effective method usage of an application. Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Promoted an environment that fosters inclusive relationships and creates unbiased opportunities for contributions through ideas, words, and actions that uphold principles of the USC Code of Ethics.
To learn more and apply, please visit: Careers at USC
Sponsored Programs Manager
Internet2, Denver, Colorado
This position is fully remote.
The Internet2 Community Engagement division is seeking a Sponsored Programs Manager to support the full life cycle of grant activities for Internet2. The person in this role will manage the compliance, coordination, and submission of reporting deliverables. This individual will support the development of grant proposals, grant progress reports, grant budget projections, grant invoicing, and day-to-day management of grant awards.
- Monthly review of al expenditures posted to grant awards to ensure appropriateness, allowabiity, allocability and reasonableness.
- Pre-award coordination of new grant proposals and letters of collaboration/support and maintenance of standard grant related documents and templates and ensuring timely responses to day-to-day grant related questions.
- Grant deliverable and reporting tracking, including the collections of grant-specific audit documentation.
- Processing of requests for reimbursement for Participant Support, Employee, and Contract travel.
- Sub-recipient compliance monitoring, including assuring timely review and processing of sub-award and other grant specific invoices.
- Preparation of monthly invoices and drawdown requests.
- Interact with peers at differing organizations to facilitate the review and negotiation of sub-awards. This individual may interface with federal agencies to request approval compliance related items.
- And more.
To learn more and apply, visit: Internet2.
Senior Systems Engineer - HPC
Research Computing Infrastructure Team, Northwestern University
The Research Computing Infrastructure team is responsible for Northwestern University’s High-Performance Computing infrastructure. This consists of physical servers, back-end storage, operating system, integrated networking, parallel filesystem, scheduler, cloud-based infrastructure, and other associated infrastructure and applications. This includes consulting with researchers on the best solutions for their workload with could consist of deploying and managing non-HPC infrastructure.
As a Senior System Engineer, you will be member of a team responsible for managing the university’s high performance computing infrastructure and related platforms. In this role you will also participate in an on-call rotation, system architecture discussions, respond to customer requirements and inquiries using the university’s IT services management platform. You will also collaborate and partner with Internal teams including the Research Computing Services team as well as external research focused groups. Collaboration with partners and internal team members is essential to ensuring service delivery to the community meets expectations. The role reports to the manager of RCI team.
Collaborates in the planning, development, and coordination of systems related operations and projects for current and future High Performance Computing Infrastructure related initiatives within our group.
Provides systems recommendations regarding High Performance Computing Infrastructure, operations, automation, and self-service enablement within Platform Services.
Constructively participates in collaborative opportunities in support of systems improvements with internal and external organizations.
Reviews current systems configurations and recommends enhancements.
Facilitates coordination and a thorough understanding of systems requirements, attends project meetings, creates own meeting notes, creates appropriate ticketing, etc.
Suggests systems and architecture guidance for IT operations and the broader Northwestern community (as needed) for research services delivered by our team, in alignment with NUIT policies and procedures.
Maintain a secure access standard to High Performance Computing Infrastructure platforms.
To learn more and apply, visit Careers at Northwestern.
Have an opportunity to share?
To promote a job, please send the job listing link to email@example.com.