Find information about the CI Compass Fellowship program application process below.
“Before the program, I thought that doing research would be too hard, but the people in the program changed my mind about that; anyone can do research as long as they have a great team to help them,” says Nona Nersisyan, 2022 CI Compass Student Fellow.
Applications for the 2024 CICF Cohort are now closed. If you would like to be on the mailing list for next year's application, please fill out this form.
Spring 2024 Application Process
- Applications Open: September 12th, 2023
- Applications Close: October 20th, 2023
- Interviews: End of October/early November 2023
- Notification of Acceptance:
November 10th, 2023November 17th, 2023
- Acknowledgement of Acceptance: Due on November 27th, 2023
Spring 2024 Technical and Research Program
- January 23, 2024: CI Compass Student Research and Fellowship Program begins.
- January 23 - April 11: Spring Semester Program
Spring 2024 Program Sessions
- Zoom sessions will be held on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 - 10:00am (PT) / 12:00 - 1:00pm (ET), followed by Office Hours for questions. There will be one week off for Spring Break.
- These sessions are required for participation in the program.
- Additionally, one 1 hour asynchronous technical lecture will be provided each week for students to watch at their convenience.
Course Credit Option
- Students wishing to receive course credit for the Spring program will need a faculty sponsor from their University to be the instructor on record for an independent study or similar course.
- While CICF provides the appropriate amount of “contact hours” for a course credit option, this option will depend on your institution’s requirements.
- CI Compass is happy to discuss the program with potential faculty sponsors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants with the following attributes are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Students majoring in computer science, information science, data science, applied mathematics and statistics, embedded systems, communications,social sciences related to cyberinfrastructure, and related fields are eligible to apply.
- Community college students are encouraged to apply.
- CICF is committed to diversity and inclusion in CI. CICF welcomes applicants regardless of race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability status. Students representing historically underrepresented populations are strongly encouraged to apply for the program.
This fellowship is open to all undergraduate students enrolled at colleges and universities within the U.S.
Applications for our next cohort of fellows are open from September 12 through October 20, 2023.
Fill out the program application: here
Need more information?
The CI Compass Fellowship Program is directed by Angela Murillo, Director of CICF and Nicole Virdone, CI Compass Director of Outreach. For more information on the program, please email email@example.com.