Spring 2024 Application Process
- Applications Open: TBD
- Applications Close: TBD
- Interviews: TBD
- Notification of Acceptance: TBD
- Acknowledgement of Acceptance: TBD
Spring 2024 Technical and Research Program
- January 16, 2024: CI Compass Student Research and Fellowship Program begins.
- January 16 - April 11: Spring Semester Program
Spring 2024 Program Sessions
- Zoom sessions will be held on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 - 10:00am (PT) / 12:00 - 1:00pm (ET), followed by Office Hours for questions. There will be one week off for Spring Break.
- These sessions are required for participation in the program.
- Additionally, one 1 hour asynchronous technical lecture will be provided each week for students to watch at their convenience.
Course Credit Option
- Students wishing to receive course credit for the Spring program will need a faculty sponsor from their University to be the instructor on record for an independent study or similar course.
- While CICF provides the appropriate amount of “contact hours” for a course credit option, this option will depend on your institution’s requirements.
- CI Compass is happy to discuss the program with potential faculty sponsors at email@example.com.
Applicants with the following attributes are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Students majoring in computer science, information science, data science, applied mathematics and statistics, embedded systems, communications,social sciences related to cyberinfrastructure, and related fields are eligible to apply.
- Community college students are encouraged to apply.
- CICF is committed to diversity and inclusion in CI. CICF welcomes applicants regardless of race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability status. Students representing historically underrepresented populations are strongly encouraged to apply for the program.
This fellowship is open to all undergraduate students enrolled at colleges and universities within the U.S.
Applications for our next cohort of fellows will open in Fall 2023. To sign up for updates, fill out your information here.
Need more information?
The CI Compass Fellowship Program is directed by Angela Murillo, Director of CICF and Nicole Virdone, CI Compass Director of Outreach. For more information on the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.